Dwarves of Astilan
Return to Races of Astilan
There are two types of dwarf on Astilan, the Mountain Dwarves and the Crystal Dwarves.
WHAT MAKES DWARVES DIFFERENT:
Although all Dwarves share some bonds with each other, there are some differences brought on by their chosen lifestyles. Described below are what all Dwarves have in common and what nuances make them distinct from other Dwarves.
• All Dwarves are medium-sized
• All Dwarves have a speed of 25 feet
• All Dwarves have advantage on saving throws against poison
• All Dwarves have a +1 bonus to all saving throws against spells
• All Dwarves have more than their fair share of common sense, and they receive a +1 bonus to all Wisdom based skill checks
• All Dwarves gain one tool proficiency of their choice.
• All Dwarves are proficient on any skill check which involves stone (such as: tracking on it, determining value or quality of it, etc). If they are already proficient, double the proficiency bonus.
• All Dwarves are proficient in heavy armor and shields
• All Dwarves receive a +2 bonus to Constitution and a –1 penalty to Charisma
• Mountain Dwarves receive a +1 bonus to both Strength
• Mountain Dwarves have darkvision out to 60 feet.
• Mountain Dwarves speak their own language and either Common, Halfling, or Tyrag.
• Crystal Dwarves receive a +1 bonus to both Intelligence
• Crystal Dwarves have darkvision out to 120 feet.
• Crystal Dwarves have disadvantage whenever they make an attack or use a sight based skill in sunlight
• Crystal dwarves speak their own language and either Elven or Dromeete.